Well, it’s been a while since we posted an update so here’s a brief overview of what we have been up to recently.
- The biggest news (and expense!) has been the new Osdale track that was completed in February 2023. New gullies for rainwater have been created, the track smoothed and a new top surface laid. Now you’ll have time to admire the views and wildlife rather than dodging potholes and stones.
- We have finally ditched the satellite wi-fi and switched to 4G wi-fi instead. This not only means you get to enjoy much better speeds, but the ugly satellite dishes have gone too.
- We have done a lot of work tidying up the cottages – well to be correct David, a neighbour, has. He has been a great help this winter and his improvements have given Osdale a real lift. At the Farmhouse we now have a beautifully painted lean-to and a dishwasher.
- Our private water supply has been upgraded and switched to a pressurised system to reduce water wastage.
- Behind the scenes we have been preparing and submitting our application for a licence to operate, which all Scottish holiday accommodation will require in the future.
None of these things are glamourous but they are part of the backbone of Osdale and will help you have a comfortable, carefree time when you stay with us.
It’s been quite a rollercoaster of a ride since we took ownership of the cottages in 2019. Every year has been different, and each has had its own challenges, but it’s worth it. It’s always a pleasure to be here, whether sat looking at the view having a cup of tea or trailing through bog to check the water tanks in the rain. I’m not sure there is a better place to be!