Here we answer our most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the answer to your question here you can email Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt reply.
Do the cottages have private gardens?
For Spring/Summer 2024 there will be a private outside space at the back of each cottage. We have created these areas for those that don’t want pets or children having free-range of the entire grounds. The cottages share the remaining outside space, which is accessed from the front of each cottage. This shared space and the private areas are fenced off from the surrounding farmland with stock-proof fencing.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
We offer flexible cancellation at Osdale. Bookings can be cancelled for any reason prior to 14 days of commencement of your stay and receive a full refund of payments made, less a £25.00 administration fee. The refund payment will be released to the Booking Guest on the date of departure of your cancelled stay, or earlier at our discretion.
Where a cancellation is made between 13 days prior to commencement of your stay and the day of arrival, we will endeavour to re-let the Accommodation. If we are unsuccessful in re-letting the Accommodation, the Rental Fee will be forfeited in full. If we successfully re- let the Accommodation, we will refund all payments made less a £50.00 administration fee and less any difference in the Rental Fee achieved in the replacement booking and the Rental Fee payable by the Booking Guest. Refund payments will be released to the Booking Guest on the date of departure of your cancelled stay.
We recommend that you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays to cover late booking cancellation. This will provide you with peace of mind that you will receive your money back if you need to cancel your booking within two weeks of your stay.
How far is Osdale from food shops and restaurants?
Osdale is only 3 miles from Dunvegan which has local food shops, a petrol station and a selection of places to eat.
I don’t have a 4×4. Can I drive up the track to Osdale?
Yes you can. Major work was undertaken in early 2023 to improve the track and it’s now easy to navigate in any car.
What house rules do you have for dogs ?
- Our preference is for dogs not to lie on sofas and chairs but know that some will struggle to comply. Should this be the case, you must cover the sofas with the large grey cotton throws provided.
- Pets must not sleep on our beds. We do not want our mattresses, pillows or duvets to be slept on by dogs. We have dog beds that you can borrow should you need one.
- Please use the old towels left in the boot room to dry off wet and muddy dogs. We can supply more if you need them.
- Please do not wash your dog in the shower. This blocks the drains and scratches the shower trays. We have a ‘Mud Daddy’ portable shower in the boot room for washing dogs.
Your Dog in the Osdale Grounds
- Please check the fencing upon arrival to determine whether it provides enough security for your dog. The Osdale grounds are fenced off from the surrounding farmland with stock proof fencing.
- Sheep and cows come close to the fence so please bear this in mind when letting your dog roam freely.
- Please ensure your dog is under control in the shared outside areas and not pestering your neighbours.
- Please clean up after your dog in the garden. Poo bags are left in the cottages. These should be put in the refuse bin outside your cottage